Happy St. Patrick's Day: The Green Fashion

Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

Every year I go out during St. Patrick's Day to see the 'green' creations that people wear on this day, and every year I wonder if they are either Irish or are of an Irish descend, or just those who find any kind of a reason to be joyful and have a reason to get together with friends and do some partying.

Personally, I've never been a huge fan of the St. Patrick's Day celebrations because I'm far from being 'Irish' and this holiday does not really resembles  with anything of my life, upbringing, and/or cultural heritage. It took me even a while to get used to the Halloween and Thanksgiving, which I now fully embrace, but it wasn't like that for a while.

Despite the fact that it was snow-storming today in New York City, and the temperature was far from making it a warm Spring pleasant weekend day, nevertheless, many young people were roaming the streets of the city, wearing all sorts of 'green'.  Read more to see the photos...


So, why St. Patrick's Day is so popular, you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.