New Year 2013 And The Privilege of Being Who You Are


Last year I called my New Year blog - my new year resolutions, but aren't we a bit tired of making the resolutions that we don't seem to be able to keep? So, this year, instead of talking about how I'd lithe to be better, more productive, more attentive to my family matters, healthier, active, bla bla bla, I'd like to talk about how lucky some of us are who have someone special and dear to have celebrated the coming of the new year, when some people out there - don't...

I'm lucky and I know it but it wasn't always the same. 
They say in Russia that "how you meet the new year is how your whole year will be like" and I truly believe it's true. It happened to me many times - a reflection of the New Year's Eve followed me the whole year after... 

Hence, I hope that this year, when I'm finally having one of the best New Year's Eves I've had in a long, long time, would proceed onto the whole 2013 and make me happy throughout... I wish everyone a very happy, fun, loving, memorable, fulfilling, prosperous, professionally and personally endearing and pleasantly surprising and adventurous! Love and be loved! Be happy and healthy! And lastly, but not the least.

I'm not one if these hardcore yogis, but I've been doing Bikram Yoga for more than a year now, and last week, our instructor shared a quote with us - which happens often at the very end of the 1.5 hr long yoga session, when we lay in Savasana position - that got into my head and I just couldn't forget it since. It's a quote by Joseph Campbell: 
The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.
And I wanted to share with you this quote.

Now that we've lived through the Maya's prediction for the end of the world on 12.21.12, what are your wishes and hopes for the New Year 2013? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.