It's Christmas Time, Part I: Looking Foward To Skiing Trips

  

It's almost Christmas time and you know, what that means for me - for someone who is a pathetic romantic when it comes to the holiday spirit, decorations and the scent of a Christmas tree?

It means that for the next month I'll be blogging quite a bit about everything that the Christmas and New Year's holidays are all about - shopping, fashion, lifestyle and decorations, as well as the activities one engages in during the holidays - like making home gluhwein (aka mulled wine) - [I must admit, my time living in and traveling extensively around Germany didn't go by wastefully, I can now make one mean gluhwein!] - and skiing in the Northern America.

Yes, my dear readers - I'm such a child when it comes to these holidays. I've always loved them growing up and it took  me a while to give up the fact that Santa Claus does not exist…but, shshshsh, don't tell that to your kids, let them believe the magic as long as they can!

So, when are we opening the skiing/snowboarding season?


 

I'm definitely hitting the slopes in the mountains of Vermont this season, what about you? What ski resorts do you go to and what's your favorite part of the ski/snowboard trips?
I can tell you mine - the 10 Things that can make my skiing trip fun:

1. A road trip itself - if you've got the right kind of people to take a ski road trip, the trip itself becomes part of the fun experience... (read the story from the last year's trip to Vermont here - unforgettable times, although, it wasn't as funny then...)
2. Random stops along the way - don't forget to sight-see along the way...
3. A good cup of hot cocoa is always part of a skiing experience...
4. A good glass of wine is always part of a skiing experience...
5. A fireplace adds a whole new meaning to a skiing experience...
6. A hot jacuzzi outside the house overlooking the snowy slops must not be overlooked, if offered...
7. There's nothing better than a communal breakfast with your friends before going up the mountains...
8. There's nothing better than a communal dinner with your friends after the skiing/snowboarding...
9. A right kind of music and/or games at night make a difference...
10. Going skiing opens up a whole lot of creative layering and snow boots fashion...(My Sorels, by the way, Sorel Conquest™ Carly have arrived today, yahoo!)


And making the New Year 2013 resolutions and preparing the Christmas Wish List should be in the works already! Have you started yet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.