Roots of Style: Chick Insight From A Cuban-American

Just as you can never have too many pairs of high heels and pairs of jeans in your closet, you can never have too many stylish books adorning your coffee table.


I doubt there's a household that does not have coffee table books - well, at least one. 


Personally, any family and/or individuals I've ever visited had at least one or two books gracing a coffee table. From history, nature and travel to fashion and photography  books. One can tell a lot about a person by the selection of the coffee table books - whether it's an artsy and/or a travel aficionado individual. Could I say that one can tell a lot about a person by the books he/she has on a coffee table? I believe - you sure could...
I have my one selection of the books - [as of right now I have the copies of Wired, Fast Company and New York Magazine gracing my coffee table, as my books have not yet moved to New York] - that I use as my coffee table books, from Alexander McQueens' Savage Beauty to Edward Weston's The Forms of Passion collection of photographs. Not to mention the many books on travel - from Spain, France, Germany to Russia and USA. Pretty much everywhere I travel to, I bring a thick big coffee book with the photos of that location. Call it an obsession, if you will, but that makes me very happy. I'll actually tell you a secret - one of the best book stores to get a coffee table and/or any book on fashion, photography, art, culture and travel is Strand Bookstore.

So, if you are into the fashion and style, take a note of the new book that could join your coffee table team of books.

I'm talking about Isabel Toledo’s Roots Of Style: Weaving Together Life, Love, and Fashion - [you can get it on Amazon.]


Just launched today, this eye-catching read encompasses 384 pages of chic insight into the Cuban-American designer’s creative process, inspirations and experiences. The book includes some great illustrations by her husband, Ruben Toledo.

Isabel Toledo was born in Cuba and came to the United States with her family as a political refugee. She received the Couture Council Artistry of Fashion Award in 2008, the third designer ever to be awarded such an accolade. Ruben Toledo is a painter, sculptor, illustrator, reporter, and fashion chronicler. His illustrations can be found in top journals and fashion magazines such as The New Yorker, Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, The New York Times, and more. He is also the author of Style Dictionary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.

My Travels: Vermont In Night And Day