Cruising Versace...Literally

My Versace...

Alright, now that I know Versace is a hit anywhere I wear it, I'm now very tempted to invest in Versace's Cruise 2012 collection, even though I would never ever go on a cruise - [yes, you can ask me WHY...]


Not that I don't like cruises - [I used to take a lot of them when I was little, usually they were 2- 12 hrs long river cruises] - I kind of, actually, dig the idea, when someone else tells me about it. About the restaurants, pools, live entertainment, bars on site on the ship...I'm just still not tempted. 

Neither have I been very impressed by the fate of the Titanic - [although, just think about it - it could happen, you know]. It's just the idea of being in ONE place, with the SAME people, surrounded by the water alone - and NOTHING else - does not appeal to a person like me, who likes to walk, climb, and ride the streets of foreign places. I'm just a "walking kind of gal" when it comes to visiting foreign countries. Even if it's concerned a beach locale - I'd watch the waves - yes, but I also like the freedom of being able to WALK AWAY and stay on the land, when I want to...

That's said, I'm definitely - ironically for the name of it - excited about the Cruise Collection for H&M by Versace - for the many reasons, but mainly - for taking it with me to the upcoming trip to the sandy beaches of the Dominican Republic. Yes, and you know it...

Does this collection come with these abs, though?
 I guess the first collection was very popular, it even made it to the countries that did NOT sell them, like - Russia. Actually, I'm not surprised about it. As I told you before - I was very tempted to sell my Versace dresses on eBay, but little did I know - there were about hundreds of people around the world selling the exact same dresses! Just recently spotted on TV a few of the Russian celebrities wearing the Versace for H&M dresses from the last November's collection - [one of them wore the same dress as I own...] So, I guess some people made a sale on eBay...

So, what to expect from the collection? As always - tightness, colorfulness - screaming green, blue, purple, pink, and yellow colors and hues, shortness, whiteness, and hearts, hearts, hearts...[Apparently Versace has a lot of love to share with all of us]. 

Either way, even if you don't go on a cruise - like me - I'd say, get at least a little scarf and/or a belt. I got my relatives from all the way from Russia and friends from all over Europe call and email me in after they saw my Versace I wore on the New Year's Eve..."What, when, where, how much?" - and not a question about its comfort, quality of the material and the maintenance. Ahhh - my beloved fashionistas. Who cares about the ways to laundry it, when it makes an undeniable fashion statement? Even a practical person, like myself, wouldn't worry about that.

The only thing I'm confused about is the men's cruise collection. I don't know about you, but these do NOT look like something a man would wear on a cruise, or perhaps I wouldn't know since I've never been on a cruise. Am I right?

 

 


Now about the logistics - and the bad news for everyone in USA...

The new Cruise 2012 collection, which is set to debut on January 19, 2012 will only be available in Europe and the UK, which does not make any sense for the countries that actually do experience summer right now - like South Africa? Latin America? Hawaii (meaning, what happened with the USA market?)

So, anyone from UK, who can hook me up?







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.