What's On Your Christmas List?



I love, love Christmas and New Year's celebrations - and for very different reasons...

First of all - I love taking photos of the holiday decorations in the city. I can't never get enough of the holiday window displays, street lights - day and night, restaurants' interiors, in-store music, and, of course - the holiday sales...

I know some say it's 'cheesy' this, 'cheesy' that and the winter holidays are just the epitome of 'cheesiness', and many people, who know the fact that I take holiday photos EVERY year, are surprised by that as they think that NOTHING changes in the city in terms of the decorations...it's same old, same old - just as the Rockefeller Center's Christmas Tree.

But it does change, and I notice it because I shoot it every year and can see the difference...

Adorable turkeys in Christmas bells...UES/NYC

Ties on Christmas - the colors well put, ties are as colorful as the Christmas toys...


I'd take photos of the holiday decorations even on my way to and from work...

There's this 'alley' of Christmas lights right a block away from my office. I walk by it every day, morning and night, and at any time of the day, it's magic...


 

And I take photos around the office - [yes, I even got my own Christmas sock!]








However, what I love the most about the winter holidays - [not to mention the fact that I happened to be born in the winter...] is that...I love spending Christmas with my parents, who I adore and who make this family holiday every year - the best family times.

Coming to my parents' house for Christmas, I expect no less than what they usually offer - the coziness, deliciousness, fun, care and festive environment.



Moreover, who doesn't love the holidays for the gifts? Back in the days, my parents and I used to guess and come up with the gifts for each other. Especially on the last month proceeding Christmas, we'd be watching each other closely to see if there's something that one of us is missing - like gloves and/or someone is mentioning something that he/she would like to have some day...Then the Christmas shopping lists are compiled, the gifts then are bought, and the receipts are kept in close proximity. We all do end up returning some of our gifts, you know...

And New Year's I love for the crazy fun times with my close friends - when champagne keeps on being poured, music does not end, and both the anticipation and the celebration of the night itself feels naturally fabulous.

This year it's been quite an interesting decision to celebrate in a close group of friends at home - not go to the parties, as we always do, not go to the Times Square, as many do, no go to a ski resort, as we often do as a last choice, but rather - without even discussing it among each other, we all wanted to be together for the New Year's. I think this time around - at this age of ours - we realized that it's much more special to be with the people who matter in your life for the New Year's Eve, to reflect with them on the past and to wish for the best for the new year to come....Are you ready for 2012?

So, what's on your Christmas/New Year's gift list this year?

P.S. I had a list too, but it all shrank to just one item that I'm dying to get my hands on... The new camera, which I know I'm getting, because Santa Claus that is 'servicing' our family has inquired about my Christmas wishes a long time ago...:)...


Happy Christmas and New Year to all of you!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.