Office Shoe Logistics



“If sex were shoes, I'd wear you out. But I wouldn't wear you out in public.” (Jarod Kintz)

I hold it true even on a work day - and in public. I strongly believe that a woman - [and a man for that matter as well] - should have a few pairs of shoes in the office: just to be prepared for 'just in case' occasions. Be it a last minute dinner with a client, a drink with a fab friends, a stand-in speech at an event, a drop-by visit to a designer's showroom, a call for an emergency visit to a doctor, and/or - a last minute late night date plans... A working gal should be prepared for anything these days. I mean, literally - anything...
My office set-up sans the heels, which I'm actually wearing right now, as I write to you...

That's why I compile to the 'common' - [unspoken, but known to most of big city girls] - rules. I call them - the office shoe logistics rules. And if anything, you can always site the 'a woman's right to shoes':


Here's a crash course in the office shoe logistics: very simple, no science involved...

1. Always keep flats in the office: depending on a season - that would be ballet shoes in warm times and flat boots - in cold times... - You NEVER what kind of errands you might do today that would require you to do a lot of walking around the city and up and down the stairs...

2. Always have walking shoes - [or have your gym shoes] - You NEVER know if tonight you'd finally make it to the gym. Those are also good, if you didn't compile to the first rule and made a few rounds around the city in your heels and as a result, got some unpleasant situation with the bleeding blisters, your feet would really, REALLY love those Converse shoes (or any other of the likes...)


3. Always have 'business meeting' shoes - or shoes that have a moderate heel, of a rather 'calm' color - [leave your red stilettos at home...please]. Think black, brown, graying, blueish...

4. And of course - I don't have to tell you, my ladies, that one should ALWAYS keep some sexy stilettos, high-heel booties and/or wedges in the office for the night out on the town...More often as ever we end up not having the time to go home to change before hitting the town with friends and/or for a date. 


Those fab friends of yours - [as well as those singles you are interested in meeting in the city] - would really appreciate your 'boyscout' way of being always prepared to face any kind of a last minute situation... Am I forgetting anything? 

Just remember, every woman is entitled to have a secret stash place for shoes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.