Men, Take A Note: Your Fab Asylums...

There is one man - [well, there are a few men, of course, in my life, whose advice I took seriously; like my dad's, for example...] - whose fashionable opinion I take very serious...He is a world totter, he's been everywhere, seen it all, and find the stylish 'gems' that he swears by...His name is Scott Schuman, the one who's usually sitting next to the likes of Anna Wintour at the fashion shows and whose photo-camera keeps on tirelessly shooting the people who define the street fashion around the world...I, basically, love his work...There - I said it.


Anyway, aside from my rhetoric prologue, I'd like to share with you Scott's finds for men - or, as I would say - the finds that would, perhaps, make a man very, very stylish... effortlessly stylish, in a non-gay way...


First stop - MAN 1924. Don't assume you can't pull it off - Yes, you can. Just ask Obama :) But, seriously, yes, you can, just combine a plead tailored suit with sportswear - sports jacket and casual pants. You can loose the tie and bow, that is if it's not up your alley, although, I kind of dig the idea of a colorful and/or patterned (dot) tie! And just think about it - now that jackets come wrinkled, no more of ironing...


Carlos Castillo, the owner of MAN 1924 - like man, like his clothes... All photos by Scott Schuman.


Second stop - Al Bazar
Third stop - Tie Your Tie

And here are a few more that Scott is bragging about: PiomboAspesi, and Massimo Alba. I checked them out - they are way too 'European-ly cool' and I don't see many men wearing them here, in the US. However, I wish they did...There are some very nice details to them. Once again, Spain and Italy are away too far in advance from their American comrades, but it's never to late to learn and pick up, right? And as far as Scott says, Barneys, Saks Fifth Ave and Neimans are already carrying some of it...



Can I shop some of 'men's' now? YSL made it happen for the women, when he made a man's pant suit for a woman so damn sexy...Oh, and that man's white shirt that we keep borrowing from them...

 But don't despair, a little bird - [a.k.a. a male friend] - told me that if you're willing to spend a few hours and dig in, you might find some treasures at a local Daffy's store, which carries some 'one size only' European designers' brands...

Personally, I also like for men - Uniqlo, Park and Bond, J. Crew, Dsquared2, Reiss and a bit of Brooks Brothers and Jack Spade - you just need to know how to pick and choose...

Btw, don't hate me - [I'm sure you are a pro in tying a tie] - and don't get me wrong, we do like tying your ties, when you ask us. We feel very empowered and - very essential to your 'daily' life, but just in case if we are not around, here is a video from the pro on how to manage it without your women being around...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.