Steve Jobs: The Essentials That He Made For Each of Us...

Outside the Lincoln Center during the fashion week...

One of the things I saw a lot during the fashion weeks in NYC and DC is the press members and the members of the blogging world walking around with their iPads. Often, they even recorded videos from the runaways, not to mention that they took photos with it, as well as with their iPhones.

I did it too. Both - utilized iPad and iPhone, although I'm still in love with a good digital camera and lenses.

iPads - or any of the other Apple products - instantly became the real fashion item. The THING to have! It almost became symbiotic with the shoes, accessories and clothes you pick for the fashion shows. Apple's products definitely complemented the looks, just as a good Moleskine's notebook does. It is still so awesomely handsome when an editor and/or a writer walks around with a Moleskin leather notebook, making notes and sketches...I love mine, that's the sure! It's both fantastic and sad...


It's quite fantastic what iPads and iPhones can do - not only they look sleek and stylish - but they are actually very much functional...WiFi connection is always good. Graphics intact. Display is clear. Speed of the downloads is yummy. You can send those photos and text right to your email box and the email box of your editor...and it's light too! So, what a fashionista would need more at a fashion show, right?

The Apps like Instagram, Photosynth and, of course, what a fan of old school handwriting - [like myself] - would have done with out an App that "gives you the fast, tactile gratification of writing on paper, with digital power and flexibility. Take notes, keep sketches, or share your next breakthrough idea - in the office, on the go, or home on the sofa" - Penultimate?


I'm big - and I cherish it a lot - on going to a cafĂ© and write and draw, imagine doing it all on an iPad from a show? Ahh, I'm already dreaming of it. …I kind of likening myself in a digital age…

So, now that I made my point and showed how Apple influenced the lives of so many people, so many professionals - there is no doubt in my mind, no question arises, when Steve Jobs is called a true innovative father of the digital age...He changed us all...It's hard to let go of him. I can't... And that's sad.



That's why, days after his death and funeral, the fans are still remembering him with personal handmade memorials around the world. I took this photo the other day at an Apple store in Georgetown, DC...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.