From Russia with Love


Congratulations Russia! You've got one more reason to take all those trips and follow some stylish and adventurous trends.


When they say that magazines at Condé Nast close and journalists are being let go, for some reason - I see the opposite.

I'm very happy to see that Condé Nast Traveller has finally arrived to Russia! It has finally launched and the first issue - [as expected] - features no-more-no-less a Russian top-model that has been the ONLY Russian who actually made it super big in the world of high fashion - Natalia Vodianova. Here is some of the articles the Russian-speaking audience will find in the very first issue of the magazine:

- Natalia Vodianova's vacation in Ibiza (CLS. - I'm yet to see Ibiza. I've been to Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Seville, Cordoba, and Toledo and I must admit, Spain is a very beautiful warm country that I'd like to revisit one day again. Besides, you can't go wrong with the tips from Vodianova, who I, truly, adore for the other reasons.)
- Paris: 13 reasons to go to Paris (CLS. - this is rather predictable as Paris is one of the most popular and beloved by Russians spots in the world!)
- 50 new 140-Euro hotels in Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, Middle East and USA (CLS. - My question is: how many of you think that 140Euro for a hotel room is an attracting price to pay?)
- Take a walk with Gulnara Karimova (CLS. - read more below...)

Gulnara Karimova, who has been refused to showcase her new collection at the recent NY Fashion Week due to her father - the President of Uzbekistan - being considered to be a dictator, were still able to be part of the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. She showed her collection in a private viewing setting at the infamous New York restaurant - Capriani, and according to the witnesses, the collection was very beautiful, very lavish. (Here is a video from Spring 2011 runaway by MBFashionWeek.)

I was invited to it as well, but my bus was late to arrive from Washington, DC and I made it just in time for the protests against Karimova to start in front of the building. So, while my colleague shot the runaway walks, I shot the protests and the crowd after the show. That was rather interesting as well.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.