MY NYFW Exclusive Cancelled: Human Rights Protest

Just as I was supposed to be meeting the daughter-turned-designer of Uzbekistani dictator Islam Karimov​, Gulnara Karimova, at her Thursday's fashion show, I get news (as if in Reuters and Associated Press news] that it's been cancelled.



Human Rights Watch urged corporate sponsors of NYFW "to support IMG's principled stance by disassociating themselves from Karimova and making clear she will not be invited to their events again so long as the human rights situation in Uzbekistan remains poor."  
Would it be wrong if I'd still like to meet her?

I actually WILL meet her, as I've just been confirmed a few minutes ago that the show would GO ON, just not at the Lincoln Center... Shshshshshshshsshsh....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.