It's Back, It's Military...



The military style is back! It seems as everywhere I go, I see something of a military-style clothing item and/or an accessory...

At the same time, I have a feeling that the 'military' style has never left - military jackets, military boots, military multicolor khaki jeans and pants, military backs...I still have a wool military-style jacket I got in Rome in 2005, and for the past few years that I've worn it, it's been always receiving complements - just as if it'd been a timeless piece...Maybe, it is.


Either way, I do like the military style, and the more I think about it, the more I realize that I have quite a few 'military' clothing items in my closet - a summer dress that I got at a Zara store in New York about the same time as I got my jacket - so, it's been like 6 years now and still fab - casual pants, which I now wear when I bike around town - military boots, which especially came in handy when I traveled to rainy and snowy Russia and - a Calvin Klein dress, which I love and hate for the same reason - it fits like a glove, but it makes it too fit [if you know what I mean] for many occasions I'd like it to wear to...So, I just like to look at it in my closet, waiting for this one perfect occasion...

What I wanted to say is that I'm pretty happy to see the 'military' style bag influenza. I almost got one myself the other day at Target - they were super cute. Target has about 5 different styles of a 'military' bag right now - but I quickly realized that as much as I like mix and match, a target bag would only last me a few outings, just because of the amount of things I usually carry with me and that bag (judging by its quality) would not tolerate the weight of my things...So, I'm in search now. Let me know if you see of any!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.