Inside DC Fashion Week 2011: The Capital's Fabulousity...


As it always happens at the last moment - something - THAT something - makes me miss some of the fashion shows only in time to catch up with the fashionistas at the next shows to tell me that I haven't missed much...

It's actually rather sad when someone says about a fashion week -"it's been dull"...This is definitely not something you'd hear at the NY Fashion Week - months in advance NY fashionistas start looking around to see if anyone knows someone - who knows somebody - who has access to the tickets to the fashion shows. It's like with the bouncers at the cool, hip and happening lounges - you've got to know them! You've got to know your way around. So, I hung on tight to my PRESS badge - the ultimate access key to the fabulousity of the fashion shows...


So, this year again, I've been invited by Ean Williams - the founder and director of DC Fashion Week to the fashion shows that I so like to write about in hope that next year it'd be even better...and it was! This year has been a much better turnaround and - even [organization wise]... Still - a far cry from what I've experienced - [seen, heard and tasted wise] - at the NY Fashion Week... [by the way, I'm gonna talk about Williams' collection in the next few days - his collection brought the most joy out of me - always beautiful, immaculate, lavish and...sexy] He is the creative mind behind the Corjor International. I wouldn't mind, actually, wearing one of his designs myself...

As I browsed through the crowd, I found myself - actually - thinking that there is no one really who I'd like to take a photo of in the crowd. I tried to find that particularly interesting, unique, personal style... Yes, there were a few, but in comparison to Milan, Paris, London, and NYC where I've been to such events, I couldn't...so, I took it as given - I took DC for what DC is - no extraordinary expectations, and no comparisons to other - [more fashionable and stylish] - places I've been to.

I do want to mention, though, that this year's participating designers had some interesting collections - and why wouldn't they, they represented a wide array of foreign countries - USA, Canada, Ukraine, Bolivia, Thailand, India, Iran, and Ghana. With so many international creative flows - there's a bright future. There is a hope that some day, we'd read their names on a Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week call list...More photos are coming this week!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.