Couture Fashion Week NY: Andres Aquino (USA)


Andres Aquino's opening act...

I respect perfectionists, although if you are far from being one yourself, it would be difficult for you to deal with a perfectionist. I can truly call myself a perfectionist, but not in all aspects of my life. I give myself a slack here and there, but I could never go to sleep with a sink full of dirty dishes.


Perfectionists can be of different kinds - they can be perfectionists at work - [professional perfectionists] - those would be the likes of Anna Wintour, Alexander McQueen and Willis Сonnover - and there are perfectionists, who are 'socially' perfect - in the way they handle personal relationships, friendships, leisure activities, food, etc....

Either way, they are very much respected by everyone around them. They are looked up by other people. But that does not mean they don't make mistakes....

One such perfectionist, who I've met a few months ago - was the founder and director of Couture Fashion Week in New York. His name is Andres Aquino. He is a Colombian-born American designer, who finds time to be a designer, photographer and a writer. One would say - that it's too much for one person's sanity to handle. I'd say - yes, it is, and still, at the same time he actually responds to calls and emails within an hour...A perfectionist? I think so...


When I first saw this man - [Andres Aquino] last February, I didn't think he [looked] anything like a designer :)...An average-height man, dressed down to jeans and sneakers, was running around the runaway stage making the lights and sounds technicians - [mad[- to run through the equipment again, again and again. Lately I've heard from the people who work with him that he is a notorious perfectionist and that everyone loves him, but [finds it difficult] to work with him. I wonder, why...

Either way, even though he's behind the whole Couture Fashion Week since 2003, he does not promote himself, but rather stays in the shadow and lets the other designers shine...

He called his collection: "Le Cirque" - a seamless mix of fashion, theater and art.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.