Alexey Sorokin: From Russia With Love

I got an invitation to attend the Spring 2013 fashion show by a designer from Russia, Alexey Sorokin.
Well, since I have a soft spot for Russia, I was very happy about this invitation, especially after I've checked him out online and saw his incredibly creative works - [I've heard from him before, but not on a bigger scale, so I had no idea what to expect from him].


His show is tomorrow, September 12th, and I'd love to introduce this Russian sensation - [who, I pretty much sure, will take the NY fashion scene by storm tomorrow night and whose name you might be hearing very, very soon], but for now...here's his story:

When DEPESHA went to St. Petersburg to launch Thom Browne in Russia, they also conducted a search for a Russian designer to bring back to NYFW. They selected a young, emerging designer Alexey Sorokin, as a solo (no pressure) representative from the Russian Federation to the fashion world at-large. The editors of Depesha believe the story of his brand Homo Consommatus, a development of fashion luxury brand in the country that lacks institutional support for fashion designers and non-existent garment production, is a story of perseverance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.

My Travels: Vermont In Night And Day