Couture Fashion Week NY: Pilar Macchione (USA)


Photo: VOA

Do not worry, I'm on track of publishing all the shows I've attended during the Couture Fashion Week NY. I'm hitting the mark to the point of loosing sanity - and sleep - but it's all for the good cause. I hope. I hope you are enjoying fashion as much as I do...If not, let me know, I'd write more about dating and diets ha ha ha...

I was joking, of course...And that brings me to introducing you to one more participating designers in Couture Fashion Week NY, Fall 2011. If I didn't know she was from USA, I'd say that her 'dark' and  - in the genre of classic 1920s German Expressionist horror films like "Nosferatu" and/or Dr Caligari ... very expressionistic and narrative styles - I'd say she was French and/or German ...

Her collection looked very bohemian - just as I'd picture a perfect collection custom-made for the 'gals' of Drakula and/or Morticia Frump Addams - as in "Addams Family"'s Ms. Addams - very chick, dark, sexy and...dangerous.



The collection is rather poetically rhythmic, without being very overdone. All of it and more - ah, goose bumps - in the collection of Pilar Macchione.



Pilar Macchione was born in Los Angeles and since age 7 began sculpting dresses on dolls. Macchione started her studies at the Ent-Art Polimoda in Florence, where she studied art and design, while immersing in the Italian culture. Later she interned with Designer Zandra Rhodes in Solana Beach California. Following Zandra Rhodes advice and guidance, Macchione continued her studies at University of the Arts London. She obtained her MA in Theatre/Costume Design at UCLA's School of theatre.


For her final year of Study at University of Arts, Macchione created a 7 piece black, elegant evening wear collection. This collection impressed the judges so much that she was chosen out of 150 students in her final year to represent the London College of Fashion in St. Petersburg, Russia for the "Modniy Desant," fashion catwalk festival.



Macchione's collection impels dynamic movement that embodies her admiration for sculpture. Her strong background in fashion and theatre shows the ways she combines the elements in engineering an avant-garde theatrical edge to her accessories, separates and cocktail dresses.

Photo: VOA


Comments

whatadeen said…
What an HONOR to walk in this collection!!!!
And it was a pleasure to see it in person...
Elsa Martinez said…
I also agree - an honor to open the show and to help designer and friend Pilar Macchione on her road to her first NY show! Thanks for your fabulous write-up!

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.