Spring's Earthy Tones

Looks as the spring is slowly but surely arriving to New York City. At least it's very noticeable at the stores, where the window displays have changed from 'Christmas Holiday' decors to Spring fashion overnight. Some are even already displaying bathing suits and beach totes, but I wouldn't go as far as to write about it. Just not yet, at least...

Browsing through some current Spring 2012 trends, I realized that a lot of it to do with the Earthy colors and patterns. It looks as we are getting a bit more intimate with the mother Earth. The beiges, browns, greens, grays - are in the air for the upcoming spring. Take, for example, these two men that I've spotted at Irina Shabayeva Fall 2012 Collection fashion show during the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York last Monday. They are both dressed 'earthy', from shoes, pants and jackets to accessories - bags and scarves.



The earthy tones are especially prominent in the Spring 2012 collection at Diesel, which I really like.

Of course, I'm still in a debate with myself whether I should have gotten those Harem jeans in limited Italian edition for $375 last summer or not, but judging by the feedback I've been getting on them - [even in Milano I got a few flattering comments in regards to them, and if it's happening in Milan, they are surely for keeps...], nevertheless, Diesel's style is so much my style...


And who would have thought. Just a few years ago I refused to buy any denim from them - [denim is awesome at Diesel] - because it was a bit of a 'harsh' nature, it felt heavy. But they've re-invented their jeans, or it seems to me to be the case, because now I absolutely love every style of it.

That's why when I saw their 'Earthy' collection of bags and shoes the other day, I started thinking what I should dis-include from my daily life necessities to be able to afford them again. Ahh, a girl can dream...




But not to worry, Diesel does have sales too, you know... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.