A Colorful Day In Rainy New York

I don't know about you, but I always try to find color in anything and anywhere, which might come as a surprise to those who know me. And know that I love black color and quite often I wear black clothes. Yesterday was no different. I wore all black - top to toe. I find it that if one wears black, it's universal for everything, meaning - you can actually decently pass for any occassion and tolerate any suprise of a day by wearing black. Black gives you this 'versatile' 'can do all without ruining my reputation' feel. Meaning...


Meaning that, while some would wear colors for a particular occasion, it might not fit the other occasion, but black fits it all. You can take your 'black' to a client's last minute presentation, you can take it for a cocktail hour with your friends, you can take it on an errand run and/or you can take your 'black' to a business dinner.

In my case, I took my 'black' to NBC studios yesterday to shoot a pet adoption TV segment that airs every Thursday at 3PM/ET on the New York Live channel. I knew I'd be dealing with puppies. I knew I'd have to run around and make sure all aspects of the show are photo-, video- and social-media recorded, and I kinda anticipated - [based on my previous experiences with the TV] - that there might be times when I'd have to sit on whatever and wherever, so no 'whites' and 'brights' would do if one has to squote and sit on a relatively dusty floor in a hallway between the tapings...

So, black it was. Black was the ultimate choice for the day, aside from yesterday's weather being less than welcoming. Who wants to wear color on a rainy gray day in a metro city? 

Well, apparently, some people do, and when I spotted a very colorful gal, I had to take a visual note. I actually wanted to follow the girl in 'red and green' like a bull on the red. I realized that any city needs some color on a day like that and that we all need color in our lives, in general...


The look of the Manhattan on a gray rainy day - it still takes my breath away...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.