Dreamful Shopping: The Charms of Window Display

It's a tradition of mine. 

For many, many years I've spent living in and/or visiting New York City, one of my favorite things to do has been - window shopping. And not just any window shopping - window shopping at the particular - [I'd say - iconic, historic] - stores of the city. These have been always - Macy's on 34th Street and Saks 5th Ave, Louis Vuitton (see below) and Bergdorf Goodman on 5th Avenue. 


Once in a while I'll check the Bloomingdale's on Lexington Ave. and 59th... 

That's why, of course, I've been looking forward to check out the winter 'holiday' displays at Bergdorf Goodman when I moved back to the city. I was indulging with the idea of what they might do this year. Every year prior my return to the city they never ceased to amaze me with their window set-ups. I always wondered who was behind their window displays. Later I've learned that they've always had a rather talented team of decorators to work on their window displays, including designers themselves. No wonder that I'm usually not the only one taking photos of their windows... 

Here's what they have for us this winter:...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.