I Want To Be A Kid Again: Nutty And Citrusy Christmas


Don't you ever wish, if only we could turn the time back and become kids again? - And start believing Santa Clause and elfs again. I do... 

Even in the most basic things in life, like window shopping, kids have it 'cutier' - it's one thing to be enjoying Christmas store window decorations, tailored to adults, but it's a complete different feel to enjoy the ones for kids and teens - they seem to be more 'fairy', full of inspirations to really wish for Christmas, snowflakes and Santa Clause. Didn't we all make snowflakes at one point or another in our lives? I did... I used to make my own paper mache tree decorations, cut out snowflakes and make Japanese crane out paper - Origami, as the Japanese call it. (You can learn how to make it here.)

Do you remember your very first Christmas? I don't, but nevertheless...

I think my memory of Christmas starts from the age of five or six. I really liked spending Christmas nights at my grandparents. They would put me in the bed next to a Christmas tree and I'd be trying to stay awake as much as it was possible for a kid to do so - in hope to actually get a glimpse of Santa Clause. I'd stare at the windows to see if I could catch him getting inside our apartment through the window opening. And I ended up always falling asleep and always waking up very, very early to find Christmas gifts underneath the tree...

Aside from certain variations of the kid's stuff  - [as you grow it changes...] - there was always a  traditional 'set' that I'd get every year - big nuts in shells - [yes, it might be brave of me to admit that the only way I eat my nuts and seeds are in shells, and I think the Trader Joe's employees already know it due to the fact I keep bugging them about the pumpkin seeds in shells, specifically - shells!] - dry fruits, chocolate 'puffs' - [for those who know what 'shallow' chocolate is...] - and lots of very sweet mandarins, which, where I grew up, were almost a delicatessen during the winter times...

And up until this date, my family always has mandarines during Christmas - [neither apples, banana, or pears, etc. - but, mandarines], and lots of roasted nuts in shells that are usually all gone by the time I have to leave my parents' house. Yes, I'm, still, THAT much of a kid... Aren't you?



Share your absolute all time favorites for Christmas...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.