Make a Statement...



Statement jewelry is veeerrryyy happening right now, and what's surprising enough is that while some trends come and go in a short while, the statement jewelry - a.k.a. BIG/OVERSIZED jewelry - came back in style about 1.5-2 years ago and they comfortably stayed for a long period of time... The recent fashion weeks' collections just reiterated their in-style status again - oversized clutches, oversized shoes, oversized hats and scarfs, oversized bracelets, cuffs, earrings and necklaces...Supersize-it-all was all over the runaways, including the people in crime - a.k.a. fashionistas, celebrities and designers themselves...I, personally, admire Bryan - as in BryanBoy.com - a notorious present-at-all-important runaways fashion blogger's gift for wearing oversized shades. It actually became his trademark of some sort, I think he even feels 'naked' without his very OUT-THERE, statement - on the border of funky - unique shades...

As for me, I'm just glad that my personal like for the big jewelry is not going away and I don't have to polish off my rings and put them away in a box and get accustomed to the petite jewelry, which I never really liked in the first place...

 So, bring on your statement jewelry, and if you need to get some shopping, on a recent trip to NYC, I discovered that Topshop has one of the best selection of statement accessories - amazing collections of big rings, necklaces, bracelets and cuffs and earrings...


Here are just a few in my possession...Get with a groove, my darlings. Mix and match it to the point of no return, and do not let the overcoats scare you away from wearing something big this season, you can always take a coat off...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.