Couture Fashion Week NY: Walid Atallah (Dubai)


Last night I realized that I might have given up on a lifetime opportunity that might never happen again.... It made me sad.

One of my best friends spent a few years living in Dubai for work. Last year we wanted to organize a reunion between the three of us - the girls who've met almost 15 years ago in college and have been friends still...

But because of many complications at the time, I couldn't go...[sigh]

I had a great opportunity not only to visit DUBAI, but to have a safe place to stay, to see the city through the eyes of a local and - to see my girlfriends...This made me sad as I looked over the shots I've done for Walid Atallah collection at Couture Fashion Week - a Dubai designer. What a beautiful, exotic country that is...At least I saw a bit of the country's richness - through the eyes of Walid Atallah and his lavish collection of gowns...



Walid Atallah - is considered to be one of the Middle East's top fashion designers. It was his third appearance at Couture Fashion Week in New York City.

Atallah has become well-known internationally for his exquisite evening and bridal designs, and for his skillful use of diamonds, precious gems and genuine Swarovski crystals, including a fabulous bridal gown valued at US$1.2 million. In 2005 Mr. Atallah debuted his own line of luxury jewelry made with diamonds, rubies, sapphires, emeralds, blue marine and Tahitian pearls, and fine watches have since been added to the line. The talented and versatile designer recently launched his pret-a-porter line entitled "W", which includes trendy jeans and tops for today's fashionable and modern woman.

Among his clients are many members of Middle Eastern royalty as well as well-known celebrities including singers Diana Haddad, May Hariri, Najwa Sultan, Hoda Haddad, Haifa Wehbe, Najwa Karam and Nanci Ajram.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.