Maison Martin Margiela: It's Mine Now!

 

Should I say more?!! It's mine, mine, mine. 

Maison Martin Margiela is one extraordinaire fashion designer. He makes clothes, shoes and accessories that are simply crazy - in a funky kinda way. It's just me, I love everything weird when it comes to fashion. I like both classic and weird, to be more correct. 

I like Donna Karan, Derek Lam, Tom Ford, CK, Stella McCartney and Victoria Beckham for the classic, but still very unique and interesting style - they make the fashion that is both classy, but with a twist... And I like the fashion designers like Margiela, YSL, Jeremy Scott, Alexander Wang, and Alexander McQueen - for the out-of-this-world, unique sense of making the fashion items that can be either = non-wearable at all or = very much wearable and noticeable. 

Hence, when I learned about the collaboration between Maison Martin Margiela and H&M - I was ecstatic, because you'd never know what they could come up with. Sometimes those collaborations work, some - fail terribly, like it was with my favorite Stella McCartney a couple of years ago. The Versace/H&M collaboration, for example, wasn't bad at all and I even liked a few of the dresses from the collection, one of which I have now.

So, a few days after the craze for the line after the launch of the collection ceased in NYC, I ventured out to my local H&M store. 

 

Let's just say, I  took my time to go through the whole collection and try quite a few items, but only two things really attracted my attention - this long oversized bulky dark blue sweater, which I've already worn and few times and am very, very happy about it ($129.00), and the oversized necklace that looks like an S&M chain-clip.


Overall, I've been pretty happy with my Margiela purchases. I'm now curious what would be the next designer collaboration?!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.

My Travels: Vermont In Night And Day