Ich Liebe Dich: My Berlin

 

There's no doubt Marlene Dietrich had a soft spot for Berlin.

As a matter of fact, even after she moved to Hollywood, she's never forgotten that she was ein Deutsche frau.

She once said:
“Ich hab' noch einen Koffer in Berlin.” 
Which means:
"I still have a suitcase in Berlin". 
She's never really left Germany; she flew it because she was against the Nazi regime. But she never really wanted to live in Hollywood. Well, and I can't blame her.
Last August I finally re-visited Berlin, almost twenty years after my first visit to the city. This time experience was nothing in comparison to the one I had, when I was a teenager, sightseeing the city with my parents...

Seriously, how can you NOT fall in love with the modern, progressive, hip, artistic, Bohemian city with so much diversity - from the many fashion styles to the many cuisine choices?


This is why I fell in love...more on what I've discovered in Berlin here.

Ah, the cool footwear they have... [mind the fact, it's relatively expensive, taken that it's by up-and-coming shoe designers]. The footwear by Trippen.


Ah, the artsy Berlin...
Ah, the sexy German women...

Ah, The Bauhaus...

Ah, the Berlin's sweet potato soup with dark rye bread...

Ah, the Berlin bikers...

Ah, liebe, liebe, liebe...

Ah, a chicken salad the Berlin way...@ Bar 103

Ah, the history...
Ah, the graffiti...

Ah, the street fashion...
 

Ah, the Berlin's meatball!...

Ah, the open cafes that look like your apartment building's front-yard...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.