About Town: The Indian Summer on Madison Ave.


I'm loving the fact that the Fall in New York is very warm this year, with just occasional showers that remind us of the Fall coming upon us...But this is nothing comparing to, say, Ekaterinburg, Russia, where they already have snow, right?

The fact that it's been so warm - Indian Summer anyone? - the New Yorkers don't seem to let go of their jean jackets, flats and the cotton 'recycle' bags. I'm loving the weekend, when I go out and take photos of the people on the streets.
The New York fashion style is a very interesting 'animal' - it's so diverse that there's no set and stoned 'style', but rather a very eclectic diversity by a region - Williamsburg residents dress one way (very Boho hip), the Manhattaners dress more sophisticated, making a larger emphasis on the brands - if it's jeans, it's J. Brand or Diesel, if it's a white shirt, it's Acne, All Saints and/or The Raw, if it's flats, it's most likely by Tory Burch, Prada or Chanel - and you can't blame them, they are absolutely gorgeous...

Of course, the only very distinctive in its style are Manhattan and Williamsburg. I like the simplicity and minimalism in fashion. However, I do appreciate patterns and graphics, like the dress I bought from H&M by Versace last year and my Custo Barcelona prints. Nevertheless, on a daily basis, I opt for the simple lines, and when I see the minimalist style on the others, I take a note.

Here's what I've captured on the streets of New York on the Upper East Side, Madison Ave. last weekend...

Like I said, denim on denim is very 'in' this season...

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.