My New Nordic Friends: Shoe Shopping in Stockholm

I couldn't get enough of Stockholm many bikes and super stylish Swedish design offices, galleries and shops - done in a very 'IKEA'/Nordic style.
I embarked on the trip to Sweden for many reasons - to see it and to shop in it...
First of all, after seeing most of Europe, and some of the place - many times over, I've never been to the Nordic countries: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland. I always wanted to, but kept postponing it until the moment when a good opportunity presented itself. 

The thing is that my parents, after almost 20 years of living in USA, have decided to leave it for Europe and move to Germany…They packed up within a few months, sold their house, cars, quit their jobs, unsubscribed from all the America's junk mail, mail forwarded to my address and left it all behind last July for a life in Germany. 

As much as it might sound like a dramatic decision - [to be precise, my dad still calls this decision - a crazy, somewhat absurd adventure] - the truth is, I'm happy for them, and I can see that my parents got back their sparkle for life...

I love Europe. I think, even despite all the economic difficulties they are experiencing right now, Europe will always be Europe. You can't deny the rich culture and the history. It's lovely, and they will be fine. I'm sure about it. 

Anyway, I wasn't going to talk about my parents here, but only to mention that now I have a very good 'excuse' to travel to Europe more often, rather than go and visit them in the suburban America, where they've always lived and where I've always been bored. 

So, when I decided to visit them in Germany last month, I've figured that the proximity of Sweden to Germany gives me a reasonable excuse to finally visit Stockholm, and not only - to finally experience the Nordic sense of fashion style and design first hand.

A Stockholm biker - love everything she's wearing, from head to toe...
So I did…and in those little breaks that I had from all the sightseeing, I managed to do quite some shopping. Even though everything in Stockholm is more expensive than in New York City, I couldn't let go of my dream to get some footwear - in a very Nordic style - from the local Swedish designers. So I did…I got two pairs of shoes: very, very Stockholm boots, I must say - I spotted at least a few fashionable gals around the town wearing those - and I fulfilled my long time dream of getting the ala-Isabel Marant wedge sneakers, by an Italian brand, which ended up to be a bit more affordable than the Marant's ones… 

Now, I only need the occasion, and as much as I don't like the summer to end, I do look forward to the Fall, when I finally get to wear my Swedish purchases… 

The sneakers:

The boots:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.