Shoes I'm Loving Today: The Nordic Spirit


I don't know if it's the fact that there are just too many shoemakers in the world, or the fact that I just don't do enough of research to learn about the new ones, or, perhaps, it's the fact that - very little we hear about the international designers, who make shoes and who do not live in America. Especially, when it comes to someone who is not yet well-known to the fashion world, like Camilla Skovgaard, whose last name first told me that she must have been either: a) from Sweden or, b) related to the True Blood's actor Alexander SkarsgÄrd.

Skovgaard, actually, ended up to be from Denmark. I knew it! I knew it was one of those Scandinavia countries: Denmark, Norway, Sweden... She even looks as cool as her shoes! When I grow up, I want to look just like her - she looks like a very cool, fun and edgy person to be around...


Either way, she is not from USA. She is European. And if you know a bit about the Nordic countries - almost everything, including fashion, is minimalistic. Think: IKEA, Ezteem, SAAB...

I've been always a big fan of 'nordic' minimalist style. It is very much my style - [yes, that's right, I called her shoes minimalist because it's the design of it that defines it, not the 'accessories' of a shoe]. Even the colors she uses are, for the most part, minimalistic - white, beige, black, and red.

I absolutely love the details of her shoes. They are explicit, but yet subtle. They are like a very good Art Deco-inspired furniture piece. It's all about the 'architecture' of a shoe, not the 'bling' of it. When I first saw Camilla Skovgaard's shoes, I truly fell in love with them. I'm now following her on Facebook. Even her Facebook page I find quite interesting - very mysterious, artsy, dark and...very Nordic.

I've just become a big fan of Skovgaard. Well, wouldn't you if you saw these...? Try to Google her and it'd blow up your mind!


And these are my favorites from her Spring/Summer 2012 collection:


Let's just say, I'm not looking forward to visiting Stockholm this month, just to see what other cool Nordic brands are out there... I'll keep you posted on my new finds!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.