The Allure Of Cannes: Me, Myself And The Cannes Lions

Two years ago I happened to be in the South of France and visited The French Riviera, including Cannes. It was in June, right fresh after the Cannes Film Festival, which happens in May each year.

The red carpet was still there. The posters and big billboards of Cannes and celebrities were still there, and the 'atmosphere', thanks to the tourists, was somewhat festive... Of course, I had to 'inspect' the city and make my own impression of it, rather than from the blue screens of the television during the festival, when it's all about fab, fun and glitter. Here's how I saw it....


 
 
 

I've been always following the Cannes festivals, be it The Cannes Film Festival and/or The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity - where the creative minds from around the world meet once a year. It's a festival that selects and awards the creative designs in advertising, marketing, graphic design and alike industries. 

As a former graphic design student, even though I haven't become a graphic designer, per say - [having studied it only for two years, ah...] - nevertheless, I've kept my deep interest in the design and continued designing here and there as a hobby. [I think my parents still have the posters and CD covers I've designed somewhere in the closet...] Anyway, each year, I've been following the great works of the designers that had come out of the festival - the award-winners of the Cannes Lions, one of the most respected awards in the creative industry.
This year, I've liked quite a few commercials, which do not apply to this blog, because they have nothing to do with the fashion [but a lot to do with the lifestyle and daily life]However, I've also noticed this beautifully - almost mesmerizing - done commercial for Cartier L'Odyssée de Cartier.

 

This is not just a "film" - it's fair-tale, or as they describe it:
A journey between dream and reality. For the very first time, Cartier has decided to create a cinema epic focusing on its history, its values and inspiration, its artistic and universal scope. 
Directed by: Bruno Aveillan. The agency is from Paris [duh!] And the overall message is [or my message]: Darling, where is my Cartier?   

More information on it here. What do you think of the commercial?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.

My Travels: Vermont In Night And Day