Remembering The War Heroes: My Grandfather

Today is May 9Th - The WWII Victory Day that is very widely celebrated in Russia and Eastern Europe...



It's a special day for me as well, as my grandparents fought this war. Some of them were wounded. I especially would like to dedicated today's blog to my grandfather, who was 19 when the war started and who finished it in Berlin, Germany - coming all the way to the 'finish line'.


He was a true hero. Growing up in his presence - [I was so lucky I was close to him!] - educated me well about the WWII events, taken from someone, who has experienced it first hand. I used to listen to his war stories and browse through his war diaries and archives, which now belong in the museum. 

Not a day goes by without me missing him. He was a great man, a great father, a great husband, and a great grandfather...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.

My Travels: Vermont In Night And Day