The Style Is Knowing Who You Are: And Other Inspirations

I was working on my post for tomorrow - [I was thinking of not posting anything today and just taking a break from the blogging, but that's not, as you can see, possible] - so, I thought I'd share with you one of the quotes about an approach to a personal style that I absolutely feel very strong about. It's pretty much exactly the way I'd put it:



So, today I thought of taking it easy and instead of blogging about fashion and lifestyle and/or posting street fashion shots, I've just decided to let you in a bit of my personal life...

No, I'm not going to be talking about the 'affairs of my heart', as Charlotte Bronte would have politely put it. However, I would talk about some of the things that surround me at home that are very easy on an eye and make it cozy to look at and... help my inspirational concentration. Sort of my meditation subjects.


This is one of the corners of my apartment that I like very much - the wall paint, which I was not completely sure about, but took a risk anyway and painted with it my living room, truly surprised me. When I was done - [10 hours later, thank you very much] - the color really changed the whole vibe and look of the room; it actually came out very well and matches absolutely everything in my living room: from my very orange couch to the replicas of the Michelangelo drawings that I got in Rome a while ago, as well as the black frames of the vintage photographs I've collected over the years from all my travels (not pictured here) that pretty much cover one of the walls completely. The wall paint - [that I call simply 'purple'] - even matches the little multicolored pillow of my cat. Let's just say, I'm glad I took the risk and the...15 trips to Home Depot to mix and match the colors to make up my mind about the final selection. Now it really pleases my eye...


And, of course, I cannot live without my cat, Chester, who likes to participate in everything I do, literally - from taking a shower to cooking and working on the computer with me. He gets to own the place within the 1-2" radius around my feet and/or body...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.

My Travels: Vermont In Night And Day