Opening Spring Biking & Running Season

Two days ago I decided to check out my new neighborhood.

I took a stroll down west and south to explore the west side of Midtown Manhattan, where I've recently moved to. For days I've been sorrowing over the fact that I no longer live just a few blocks away from my beloved Central Park. The idea of daily runs in the park and bike rides were slowly leaving my mind, as I was succumbing to the idea of having to sign up for a gym membership.


Being a notorious Upper East Side girl all my life, it's been quite an adjustment, not to mention the fact that I've spent the first week bugging my UES friends on  how 'strange and displaced' I felt in Midtown Manhattan, now that I'm not only far from my the Park, but that I'm far from some of the 'paths' I've been so used to taking in and about UES, like my favorite runs to Barnes & Noble on the 86th Street & 3rd, Guggenheim Museum, Madison Ave boutiques and gourmet stores, and of course - the worst loss ever - my daily runs around the Kennedy's Reservoir! But, the miracle has happened...

I discovered that not only that I live 5 minutes away from the Pier 88 - one of the major New York's piers, but that the riverfront along the west hwy offer more than than the Park did - it has a solid double path for all kinds of activities: from skating and cycling to walking and running, not to mention the gorgeous views of the Hudson, parked cruise boats and yachts and the highrises of the Manhattan skyline on the other side of the road.

The Pier, the boats, the city skylines...


I felt truly in heaven, setting my Spring running schedule to begin this weekend, followed by opening biking season in New York, when my bike arrives from DC in a week.  

The ultra-versatile double path along the Hudson River...

 
 

Gorgeous views of Hudson River and the riverfront, Midtown Manhattan West...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.

My Travels: Vermont In Night And Day