A Business Casual Getaway To Aruba

Here's why I haven't been much blogging between March 14 and 17th - I was in Aruba!!! 

 

Even though it's not the first time I've been to the Caribbean, it was my first time to visit the island of Aruba. And I liked it a lot - from the nice local people I've met to the local cuisine - [Aruban Grouper and Mahi Mahi is a must-to-eat!] and tropical drinks - [some of the best and diverse I've ever had in my life!] to the blue ocean and white sandy beaches, river-fronts - [seeing the morning fish boats bringing daily catch to the shores], and, of course, the Aruban upbeat and trendy bars/lounges with nice decors...

So, of course, I took photos of everything and everywhere - of the things, people and places that made this trip special...I've divided the album into the categories of: Sights, Beaches, Food & Drinks and Shopping to make it easy on a eye and - [so that I don't go insane organizing it all...] Here's my photo diary of Aruba...

Sights...in and about Aruba

 
 

Foods and Drinks...and Hotels

Aruban 'fruit punch' - should I mention that even a punch in Aruba has Rum?
I was thankful to this very orange dress - [good thing I took it with me, as if I could have predicted] - it saved me from looking too sun-burnt! A tip learned: if sun-burnt, wear something even  more colorful to offset the burnt color of your skin!
Afternoon...
Morning...Could wish for a better hotel pool & lounge, with a view of the Caribbean and the cruise ships
Unbelievable and unforgettable dining experience at Pinchos, a local 'landmark', seated on the water with amazing sunset views...
A chocolate-banana cake is a must!




Grand Cafe...

A morning downtown...



Always pino coladas...The best here.
Their daily soup was creamy fish soup that day - delicious, with rich chunks of local fresh fish! A lunch special: soup and sandwich, only $8, can't beat it!
Mango Madness - I happened to be there at the Happy Hour, which in Aruba means: 2 drinks for the price of one. A total bliss for $7.50
Their signature salad - tuna salad the Mediterranean way...
View from the cafe Azzurro didn't hurt the eyes either: Palm Beach...

Got it? Very Sex and the City! Smart advertising...
Beaches...I didn't want to snorkel, or windsurf or water-scooter, I just want to lay on the warm sand looking at the ocean, waves and sun reflection off the water.

Screaming Eagle Beach:
My perspective...


Shopping...and Chilling:

Very Aruban, very colorful decors in all of the shops I've visited...to the point, I  just wanted to lounge at a shop
Definitely agree with the car plate slogan!

Starbucks: got to have my Starbucks in Aruba...
Red District and...a food truck vendor:

Yes, I can definitely put a check mark that I've seen a lot of Aruba, even the Red Light District, where I've had some local grilled chicken with a very hot Aruban sauce. It was actually very good or I just had too much of the tropical drinks to drink...


Aruba Pearl, a true hospitality jewel:

I just want to say thank you to my friends Roman and Inna from Albany, NY, who put me in touch with the wonderful couple Dimitry and Tatijana, the owners of this beautiful hotel-condo Aruba Pearl, where I felt so loved and cared for during my stay in Aruba - [not to mention the late night conversations over wine and fruit with the residents of the hotel, who happened to be from around the world...] Good, good times!

 

To learn more about Aruba, visit here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.

My Travels: Vermont In Night And Day