Seeing Manhattan, Seeing White

This week I had a rare chance to see Manhattan in the afternoon on a work day. It's a rare occasion, if at all, as all full-time professionals would agree with me. From 9 to 5 p.m. - at least - we see the city through the windows of our offices, and we only get to enjoy the city during the day time on weekends.  Things I haven't noticed...

The Apple on the Fifth Ave. store's transparency works with the whites around it. The whites of the 'veranda' chairs, fountain and FAO Schwartz store make it even more transparant and, in a way, very magically high-tech. Fifth Ave./NYC 
I think I've passed this building at least hundred times, but I've never noticed how official the doormen looked at the entrance of the Trump Tower. Most of us know of this building from Donald Trump's "Celebrity Apprentice" show, and New Yorkers, basically, grew up with this building. However, truthfully, I've never even been inside the building... (I do miss the show, though! I need to get myself the TV cable soon...) 

So, it's been a while since I've seen the Midtown Manhattan in a daylight during a work week. Once such opportunities present themselves, I soak up all that's happening around me - the sounds, the smells, the people...And I couldn't not to notice a rather peculiar 'three-some'...

It was very obviously that they were tourists - [for many reasons, but mainly because] - they were snapping photos of the store windows and posing against them, but this is not what drew my attention. 

I found it rather interesting that not only all three of them wear the same shoes - white 'Oxfords', but that they were wearing them on a very rainy gray day when the majority of the people were dressed in Hunter-like rainy boots. 

Moreover, the shoes were the whitest shoes I've ever seen...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.