Couture Fashion Week New York: Day 1 - Isabel Zapardiez (Spain), Couture Bridal Designs

Still perplexed how some of the fashion bloggers can turn over the material - [photos and videos] - they've shot at a fashion show on the same day of the show - how, how, how is it possible?

It took me two days to just go over, select, edit and post the photos from Day One of the Couture Fashion Week, and it's not even all of it... I actually - [to my own sadness] - had to select just a few out of very many that I've shot.

Here's a collection by a Spanish designer Isabel Zapardiez - the Couture Bridal Designs. Obviously, it was the whitest as it can get of the runway shows! And, of course, it was romantic too... I'm sure it was a rather pleasurable show for all the women in the audience who are either already planning a wedding and/or they are dreaming about it.

As for me, it was just an enjoyment to see the handwork of the white dresses - gowns. At some moment a thought on getting married didn't seem like a bad idea at all...




















To tell you the truth. This time around I'm cheating a bit. To turn the photos around faster, I use less special effects to add the 'drama' and emphasize certain details of a design. I basically post it pretty much raw, except for a few necessary edits.  However, I will not cheat with the special post on the shoes, a collage of which I'd do at the end of all the shows to showcase what's in it for the footwear trends this year...

Still, back to the turn-around time and the way fashion bloggers work during and after the shows.

Don't they have to carefully select  and edit the images before they go on the site and/or in print? Or does it come at the expense of your sanity and - time? According to some of the well-known bloggers,  fashion shows are so insane and chaotic that you even forget to brush your teeth some times. Well, I know it first hand. My personal life is, definitely, put on hold during the shows...

Comments

Delia said…
You got some really great shots! I usually give myself a 24 hour turnaround time depending on how many shows I go to in a day. Sometimes I’m up until 1am cropping and selecting pictures, but most bloggers don’t spend too much time adjusting the lighting and effects of their photos, since it’s the review that the designers are really interested in reading, so more effort is put into that. For me, since I’m a one-person shop, it depends on if I’m given a seat or asked to go in the pit with all the male photographers. If I’m given a seat, I usually turn the post out by the next morning as my way of saying, “thank you.”

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.