Behind-The-Scenes Women Style Profile: Irina Shabayeva Fall 2012


Yes, I do, do, do love shooting what's going on behind the scenes at a fashion show. I'm fascinated with the personal styles of regular folks.

Of course, again, they are not really regular people, because they wouldn't be at a fashion show in the middle of the day if they were...


First of all, it takes some guts to take off work to go to a fashion show - [and present your boss with a very compelling excuse of why you have a doctor's appointment every day of the week]. Second of all - it takes some guts to find someone who is able get him/her in to the closed-to-the-public show - [many calls are being done months in advance before the fashion weeks]. And thirdly - you've got to be some serious fashionista to really enjoy watching models standing and/or walking around the room in a total emotionless state of a physique. Basically - you need to give a real damn about the fashion!

I like snapping around people at the show. Usually, I end up with a few very interesting shots of a unique - [or obnoxious] - personal style that either shocks and/or inspires me. I usually try to capture either the individual elements of a look and/or the whole look altogether that attracted my attention in the first place.

Here are few I took pre-, during and post- Irina Shabayeva's fashion show shots I did last Monday.

Color, wedges, fur vests...

Wool leggins, wool legwarmers, jewelry-beaded open-toe platforms and...a fur coat - say no more...
Black top-down with a bright color statement accessory (like that yellow hat) is very "IN" right now. Big printed biz bags are also happening. Not sure if it's the actual Louis Vuitton bag, but this particular style and brand seems to be very popular among New York women...
Very bright colored jeans is the "IT" think...I've got the red ones.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.