Vintage Papa: The Timeless Jeans Age


Over my short - [but very productive in all the senses of the word - especially in the homemade food consumption department] - Christmas break with my parents, I spent some family quality evening with a glass of wine flipping through our family albums. 

Yes, this is what I do every single Christmas, as if I've never seen those photos before, but for many reasons - it still has the magic over me. It still brings me a deep settled pleasure in seeing what a great family I was so lucky to be born to and grow up in. I cherish every moment of my childhood and adolescence, as well as the times when my parents were young and care-free, as I am right now - and when I was not even in the picture...

However, this is not one of those 'nostalgic' posts. It's about my fab discovery...


As I browsed through the photos this time around, I've discovered something that really, really surprised me and that I haven't noticed before...

I realized that in every single photo of my parents in their twenties, they dressed the fashion style (the trend) of the today! I started taking photos of the photos of my parents when they were 18, 19, 20 years old and realized that what they wore then - in the late 70s, is exactly what we are wearing right now. It's exactly what Fashion Shows Spring/Summer 2012 were all about...

Here's, for example, my father is pictured wearing jeans-on-jeans: a jeans shirt over jeans. This is exactly the tailoring and colors that are being worn by the fashion-conscious men...

Then:

 


Now:

Club Monaco 2012
Joe's 2012
Zara 2012
Levi's 2012

I guess, I'm one lucky daughter, being born to a stylish couple that didn't even know they were fab, stylish and way fashion-forward by 30 years in the future - to the time and age of 2012...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.