WORLD'S AIDS DAY: Fashion Industry Fights Back

Uniqlo for Tokyo...

Very often we see fashion brends' contribution to support a great cause: Breast Cancer Awareness, AIDS, natural disasters, etc. You start to appreciate the fashion industry players even more, when you see them do something that is more meaningful to the people and the world than their 'runaways'. And I think they do understand how important is to give out and that luxury and fabulously is not what the life is all about...

Last year, Uniqlo, for example, created a limited-edition charitable T-shirts to support tsunami victims in Tokyo. I happened to be in the store and was really tempted to get them - [and it helped that they looked very stylish, because a charity does not have to look boring, you know...].

And this year, for example, model Doutzen Kroes has teamed up with A|X Armani Exchange to create a T-shirt that will benefit dance4life, a Dutch organization promoting education and awareness of HIV and AIDS through music and dance. 


This tee will retail for $35 and shows a black and white image of Kroes with the words “Dance Dance Dance” emblazoned across it. It goes on sale on November 30 in all A|X Armani Exchange stores and online at ArmaniExchange.com.



I'm a strong believer that one should be a part of at least one charity organization. My philosophy is that - the more you give, the more life gives you back in the form of friends, appreciation, respect, new knowledge and an overall feel-good-feel-needed awareness - just knowing that somehow you might make a difference, even if it's just a small one - [yes, I always turn off the water running in public bathrooms after other people, who let it run, because I think of all the people in the countries who lack any kind of water...] - and these intangibles make one's life so much better - better than another pair of shoes, for sure...

Check out how DC fights breast cancer through one of the many events I've participated in last month. If you live in DC/VA/MD area, check out the Candlelight Foundation and/or Children's National Medical Center, where I've been donating blood for the kids with cancer for the past three years, and would encourage you to do the same.

Yep, that's my blood...
The shirt I got after I gave blood...

Now I just need to find something local, one of which I already did - Russian Children's Welfare Society (RCWS) - [just think, Natalia Vodianova does it too, and not only - I love the way my New York friends - regular gals and guys - strive to bring awareness to orphans and help disadvantaged kids.]

And even though I'm not much into the buying-charitable-shirts that much, but in September I was tempted to contribute to FNO (Fashion Night Out) one-day event that supports small local businesses - and I did.

FNO shirt for Fashion Night Out

Now I'm working on helping to bring awareness and raise funds for The Petroushka Ball in NYC, hosted by Russian Children's Welfare Society (RCWS) and which been around for more than 50 years, raising funds for disadvantage kids in Russia. Let's just face it, I don't want to brag - it just makes me feel very, very good to give - better than anything that's out there made and sold to you for body and mind...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.