Planting Season In NYC Began: Tulips for Spring 2012

Fall's colors really make sense when choosing outfits for the Fall and Winter - the vibrant colors and hues of reds, greens, yellows, oranges and browns - is the way to go as both overalls and accessories...





































I can't stress enough how much I love my morning runs in the Central Park. Regardless of how bad the weather is and how cold it is, the best motivation to get up earlier than - [anyone in the house] - is to visualize the place where you are going for a run - to picture the gold leaves laying around along the Fifth Ave. and in the Central Park, the air's being fresh and crisp, new yorkers adorably-sleepy walking dogs, morning dew still sitting on grass, the park rangers swapping leaves and branches off the wet, exposed ground and the Reservoir's ducks slow waking up, forming circles in search for food... But today was a very special day - opening the Spring planting season!




It's all so charming that it makes my alarm to be more appealing than I'd like to believe it is when it goes off every early morning...

Moreover, if you were like me, adoring oasis within metro cities that usually lake 'green' spaces, you'd understand my point, as well as when I say that every single day is not the same in the park - yesterday I found mushrooms after I smelled 'mushrooms' in the air - meaning, it's the mushroom season at the Central Park NYC. 

Running and smelling mushrooms...

Today, I found the NYC Conservation group working very hard planting the tulips for the next spring! Just think about it. 

Spring 2012! Planting right now? Tulips of various color! Working for free - volunteering! In the morning! During the rain! On the ground! On a very cold day! Am I the only one who thinks it's such a noble thing to do? Am I the only person who thinks that those 5 people in the park this morning are going to make SO MANY people happy next Spring - thousands of tourists and locals...?


That's why I took my time today to get to know these wonderful people - volunteers - and to photo-record the process of planting of - [what happened to be my favorite flowers in the world since the first Independent Woman's Day, March 8th] - TULIPS!

Here is the photo report, a very special one...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.