Hello New York City!...

When I saw this sign upon my arrival - [my return] - to New York, I knew I was home...



Many songs have been sang about NYC, many films have been made about NYC, many events took place in NYC that defined the historic, cultural and ethnic development of the country... There is nothing like NYC. You know that feeling when you go away to a new place and upon your arrival you feel very estranged, dislocated and disengaged with a new place? This is how I felt about many cities and countries I've lived in, but never with New York...As I arrived on a humid August afternoon to NYC in 2002, I instantly felt the connection. I knew I'd make it. I knew I'd make it home here. I knew it'd be a long mutually satisfying and passionate affair between the 'two of us'...And after having spent almost 5 years away from the city, I'm very happy to be back... NYC, I'm home...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Town Profile: The Texan Style

Take Me To The City, Take Me To Safari: Or Just Stay On My Feet. Forever.